The CEPT Full Academic test is a combination of the oral proficiency test, and the CEPT Academic, allowing for a full assessment of test taker's English competence.
Focused on the academic skills of Reading and Writing, as well as Speaking, the CEPT Full Academic focuses on testing English proficiency and readiness for University of Arizona programs and courses.
The points below summarize the CEPT Full Academic test
- The Full test includes the 90 minute computer test, focused on Reading and Writing skills, plus an oral proficiency test - a 15 minute interview online.
- The computer part of the test test particularly focuses on the main skills of Reading and Writing. Competence in grammar and vocabulary usage are also assessed.
- The test is administered on computer, and takes approximately 90 minutes. CEPT tests can be taken using standard computer web browsers. The speaking part of the test is conducted online (using Skype, Zoom, or similar program) and lasts approximately 15 minutes.
- Online application for this test includes students uploading a passport photo or official government ID with picture.
- The cost of the CEPT is fixed at US$ 120 per test. CESL has a no refund policy after test payment.
- If taken with groups of students, the computer part of the test must be administered and proctored in a secure location, typically at a computer lab. In such cases, and in the interests of test security and validity, CESL requires that micro-campus partners complete a Proctor’s agreement for on-site testing (i.e. Reading/Writing section). The proctor (s) checks test-taker ID’s, and ensure that no aids (e.g. cell phones, dictionaries) are being used during testing. Proctors submit testing documents (e.g. student lists, proctor signatures) prior to tests being scored.
- In the case of individual test-takers, as ensuring the validity of test scores is of paramount importance, test-takers will agree to sign a document saying the test performance is theirs alone, and has not been aided by another individual, or other aids such as cell phones, the internet, translation software, etc.
- CEPT Full Academic testing may also make use of an online exam proctoring service contracted with UA to help ensure test security and score validity.
- CESL will produce an official score report for each test-taker, attesting to their overall English proficiency according to the industry-standard and most widely used proficiency scale, the CEFR Global Scale (Common European Framework of Reference). The University of Arizona (UA) requires a C1 (i.e. proficient user) level of proficiency for graduate-level study in UA programs.
- In the case of any plagiarism, cheating, assistance, or non-conforming with test-procedures, the test may be voided and no score report issued. The test-taker may also be prohibited from re-taking the test in the future.
Test scheduling is typically done, informing the test taker of test date and time, within one week of application. Test-taker reports are usually issued within one week of test completion, depending on test taker numbers.
Cost: $120.00 (US)
Testing Fees: All sales are final. The testing fee is not refundable, transferable, or deferrable.
Any questions about CEPT testing can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org