Experience one of the seven natural wonders of the world--the Grand Canyon! This is one activity that simply must be experienced to be believed--the scope, beauty, and majesty of the Grand Canyon has to be seen in person to truly appreciate it. Join CESL and UA students/scholars/student workers/and teachers on this life-changing adventure.
The full itinerary is below. We will meet in front of the CESL building on Friday, October 19th at 7am--departure is at 7:15am sharp, so please don't be late. We'll return around 5:30pm on Sunday, October 21st. If you live in Arizona and have not visited this breathtaking place yet, then what are you waiting for? Make memories that will last a lifetime!
- WHAT: Come join your friends and classmates as we experience the beauty and history of the Grand Canyon--one of the seven natural wonders of the world!
- DATES: Friday, October 19--Sunday, October 21
- COST: $280 per person (Fee includes round-trip transportation, GC park entrance fee, and two nights double occupancy in the Yavapai Lodge located right in the Grand Canyon National Park; it does NOT include food)
- LODGING: Yavapai Lodge (very comfortable rooms right in the Grand Canyon National Park near the canyon rim, amidst the nature and animals)
Contact Person/Group Leader(s):
Jim Epstein <email@example.com> (CESL 200)
Dr. Glen Piskula <firstname.lastname@example.org> (CESL 200)
*Stop by the Student Learning Center (CESL 212 - SLC) or talk to Jim or Glen for more information*
Fall 2018 Grand Canyon Trip Itinerary:
Friday, October 19th
- 7:00 a.m. - Meet in front of the CESL building (1100 E. James E. Rogers Way)
- 7:15 a.m. - Departure
- 9:15 a.m. - Rest stop north of Phoenix
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch in Sedona
- 4:00 p.m. - Arrive at Grand Canyon National Park
- Free time - Shop for food supplies, watch sunset, eat dinner in cafeteria
Saturday, October 20th
- Free time - Hike, visit museums, shop at gift stores, watch the sunrise and sunset, ride shuttle along rim, take photos
Sunday, October 21st
- 9:00 a.m. - Depart Yavapai Lodge
- 9:45 a.m. - Visit Desert View (East Entrance) and the Watchtower of Grand Canyon National Park
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch in Flagstaff
- 5:30 p.m. - Arrive back to CESL/Tucson
- Bring some warm clothing. The rim of the Grand Canyon is at 2,000 meters and can be cool at night and early mornings, even in summer. Also, be prepared in case of rain. Bring comfortable walking shoes and a day pack. Also bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.
- Bring money for food. You can use a credit card and there is also an ATM. There is a supermarket and cafeterias at the Grand Canyon. The price of food in the cafeteria is affordable, but elsewhere and in the Sedona restaurants it is more expensive than in Tucson.
- During free time, you can choose to participate in the planned activities, like hiking or watching the sunset, or you may plan your own activities. Just tell the group leader what your plans are.
- Please obey all hiking signs. Donât leave marked trails. All hiking must be done in pairs (the buddy system) for safety.
- There is no internet access in the hotel rooms, but there is wifi in the cafeteria, which opens early and closes late.
THIS WILL BE A TRIP THAT YOU WILL REMEMBER ALL OF YOUR LIFE!
Space is very limited for this special activity, so sign up now to reserve your spot.